Thursday, June 7, 2007

Words from my Independent *Miss Intelligent* Angelina Skye Benner!

Zoe and I woke up this morning at 10am!

I got out of bed this late morning to get Zoe, because she was trying to say... *Come get me mommy*, but was googling instead. ha ha! So, thinking that Angelina was still asleep, I peeked in her room, and there she was. AWAKE! Sitting in her castle bed watching Peter Pan on her T.V. and playing her and daddy's Nintendo DS. Alongside her... a bag of mini muffins and a juicy box. Here is how the conversation went down::

Mama: "How long have you been awake?"
Angelina: "Oh. Um. All morning."
Mama: "Well, why didn't you come and get me?"
Angelina: "Mama, I saw that you were sleeping, and didn't want to wake you up. So, I figured that I would let you rest. Because you need sleep."
Mama: {Trying not to laugh}, I say:: "Oh, well, next time, just come in and wake me up."
Angelina: "Mama, I can get my breakfast myself, ya know. Besides, you have been sick, and need sleep."

OK, so if that is not the funniest thing ever said by a 5 year old, I don't know what is!!

1 comment:

The McKays said...

I love it; she's def. an independent big girl. I could totally picture her hanging out, munching muffins, and waving you off, back to bed. :)